Last updated: 24 June 2021
1.1 SCANNABLE NZ LTD (NZCN 8032173) (Scannable, We and Us) is committed to protecting the personal information of the subscribers (Subscribers) of our services (Services) and users of our products (Products), content (Content) and website, being www.scannable.io (the Website).
- how and why We collect information;
- how that information is stored;
- how you can access and correct that information; and
- when We might disclose information to other people.
- the Privacy Act 1993 (Privacy Act); and (where applicable)
- the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR).
1.4 For further information, please see www.privacy.org.nz.
2.3 Our Website may contain links to other third party websites and these third parties may have separate and independent privacy policies. We have no responsibility and We will have no liability for the content and activity of these linked sites.
3. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
4. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
4.1 The Company may collect the following personal information from you:
- Your name, phone number, residential address and email address.
- Your gender, date of birth, job title, place of employment or business.
- Your IP address in order to determine that Subscriber’s geographic location.
- Any communication with the Company either directly, via phone or email.
- The details of any shareholdings you or others may hold.
- Information obtained by or submitted to Us by you through your use (or prospective use) of the Products or Services.
4.2 We collect and process data when you:
- create a subscription and/or use the Products, Services or Website;
- complete a customer survey or provide feedback to Us through our Website or by email;
- upload anything onto our Website or when using our Products or Services; or
- use or view our Website via your browser’s cookies.
4.3 We may supplement the information you provide to Us with information We receive from third parties.
4.4 If you choose not to provide information when We ask for it, you may not be able to use the Products or Services.
4.5 We do not collect any other personal information about you, including details about your race, ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, political information or any other genetic or biometric data.
5. USER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND DATA
5.1 The information that We collect from you may be used:
- to verify your identity;
- in connection with the provision (or potential provision) of the Products or Services to you;
- to improve, update and maintain the Website and Services;
- to communicate with you in relation to the Products or Services;
- to market our Products and Services to you, including contacting you electronically (for example, by text, email or an online messaging platform);
- to undertake credit checks of you (if necessary);
- to invoice you and to collect money that you owe to Us, including authorising and processing credit or debit card transactions;
- to respond to communications from you, including any complaints;
- to co-operate with any government, industry, legislative or regulatory authorities, where required by law;
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim; or
- for any other purpose authorised by you, the Privacy Act and/or the GDPR.
5.2 We reserve the right to use data (on an anonymous basis) in relation to your use of the Products for marketing and accounting purposes.
5.3 You may request that We stop sending marketing messages at any time, by contacting the Company on firstname.lastname@example.org.
6.2 You may disable cookies by changing the settings on your browser, although this may mean that you cannot use all of the features of the Website, Products and Services.
7. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
8. PROTECTION AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
9. ACCESS TO AND UPDATES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
9.1 You may request to see the personal information that We hold on your behalf.
9.2 If the personal information held by Us is not up to date or incomplete you may ask Us to correct the information by updating the information contained within your profile on the Website or contacting Us and advising Us of the correct information.
10. LEGAL RIGHTS AND ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
10.1 You have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
- To request access to your personal information.
- To request a correction to your personal information.
- To request the deletion or removal of your personal information.
- To object to the processing of your personal information.
- To request a restriction on the processing of your personal information.
- To request a transfer of your personal information to you or a third party.
- To withdraw consent to the use of your personal information.
10.2 You may request access to all of the personal information that We hold about you by contacting Us at email@example.com.
12.1 Your concerns can be resolved quickly by contacting Us through the Website. Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that We have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner by lodging a complaint form online or posting it to:
Office of the Privacy Commissioner
PO Box 10094
12.2 If you are an international Subscriber, please get in touch with your local data protection authority who will advise you on how to submit a complaint.